As part of our ongoing commitment to student safety, we will be holding a lockdown practice later this week. As parents, please review with your children the expectations of the practice lockdowns. Should you have any questions about the process please contact your child’s teacher. Thank-you for your co-operation as we work together to make our students, staff, and community members as safe as possible.
Lockdown Procedures for Students:
1. Follow the instructions of your teacher/responsible adult.
2. Remain quiet and small, i.e. sitting on floor.
3. Move to your assigned lockdown location quickly and quietly.
4. Do not open the door and stay away from the windows.
5. Wait for further instructions from the Ottawa Police Service or the school Administrative Team.
6. If the fire alarm rings, continue following the procedures outlined above.
Every September, the Board reviews enrolment numbers in all schools across the district. As a result of this review, Farley Mowat has been mandated to reduce the number of Grade One Early French Immersion classes from three classes to two.
On Monday, September 29, the following changes are taking place:
- Mme Ovington will be teaching a grade 2 Early French Immersion class.
- The grade 1 students from Mme Ovington’s class will join Mme Courtice’s and Mme Nascimento’s classes.
- Mme Wiegelmann will be taking on other roles within the school.
- Mlle Horlin will be taking on new challenges elsewhere in the district.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding these changes, please feel free to contact Mrs. Garvie, School Principal, by calling the school office or via email.
Tomorrow, September 24 is Photo Day at FMPS. Please remember to come to school wearing your best smile!
Students will be participating in our annual Terry Fox run tomorrow Tuesday, September 23 during the middle block from 11:15 am until 12:55 pm. Students should come dressed in comfortable clothing and ready to run outside and have a refillable water bottle. They may also bring in a toonie for Terry in support of cancer research.
Beginning on September 17, students will be participating in the Tim Horton’s Cleaning the Capital in order to keep our yard clean. Please check the schedule with your child’s teacher as parents are welcome to come and help out.
In order to help keep our students safe, please be sure to follow our Kiss n Ride procedures and adhere to parking regulations as noted on street signs. Our school resource officer will be helping us enforce proper safety procedures and bylaw officers do ticket vehicles. We appreciate your cooperation as we all work together to keep our students safe.
Please join us this Thursday, September 11th between 4 and 6 pm for our Meet the Teacher night. School Council will have Domino’s Pizza for sale during this time. Pizza slices will be $2.50 and drinks will be $1.00. There will be individual and family specials available too.